It is nearly 6 p.m. and I just came to realize that the coffee i brewed this morning (and forgot about)is nearly boiling. o dear. how ironic that the sermon this moring was about being caretakers and taking the time to appreciate the gifts of the earth, and I wasted a huge-ass amount of energy on hot coffee. this weekend I discovered that sticking the word ass behind words is oddly delightful. hum.
this afternoon i heard from brother Jonathan in boot camp. I was so excited to speak with him that I practically couldn't think of anything to say.
"uuhhhh, how's, uhh, how's it goin'?"
"it's fine. you?"
oh boy. when you have two minutes to talk with someone that you miss dearly, what the hell do you say?
listen and I'll fill you in as though this is an infomercial on ME.
last night i worked at the Bean, but it was rather dead and so Renae and I watched old people and children get hurt via horrid accidents on YouTube. i haven't laughed so hard in a while. I wonder why not.
my little brother is 10 and already has a decent amount of armpit hair. he is super proud and it makes me smile that he is so thrilled to wear deodorant.
after Kayla, Brian, and Craig left today I didn't know what to do with myself so I went for a walk and later found myself rolling down the mini-hill behind Southview. i was wearing a skirt, too. i discovered some dandelions, and i made a long-ass (hehe) crown with them. then everyone said i looked like a flower child and my roomate wouldn't speak to me in public when we were at the cafeteria. now i am thinking about that Sundance film Dandelion
in eleven days from now, i will be halfway done with college and off to Tennessee to hit up sales school. i'm thrilled about the roadtrip part. i think i have to get a cell phone for work this summer. phooey. why does that seem like a sacrifice? it is nice to elusive. not easily accessible all the bloody time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wait what huh? Tennessee? Sales school...ass?
hello. i think this is the second time i've stumbled on your blog. you can also make wine outta dandelions. I'm trying it out!
dandelion wine? crazy hippies.. ;) How's your summer going? enjoy Tennessee!
Post a Comment