I have spent the past four weeks living in Granada, Nicaragua taking Spanish and ceramic classes. I learned how to use the wheel, use sea stones to polish the pottery, and live alone in a brand new city where I know no English speakers!
The market in Granada- I walked through here daily to catch my bus to ceramics class.

The market in Granada- I walked through here daily to catch my bus to ceramics class.

Fresh fish from Lake Nicaragua. There were some mornings when the fish were still living and flopping helplessly in the hot sunlight... poor fish.


Morg stayed with me for a night right before departing for the states. Splendid times at the market in Masaya- pic of us saying farewell.

Street life in Granada. I've learned that pedestrians absolutely never have the right-of-way.

Day 3 of class: My pot and I.

View from the convent where I had Spanish classes in the city- Volcano Mombacho and the cathedral.

Reverse view from the previous shot- on top of Volcano Mombacho looking down on Granada and Lake Nicaragua.


Street life in Granada. I've learned that pedestrians absolutely never have the right-of-way.

Day 3 of class: My pot and I.

View from the convent where I had Spanish classes in the city- Volcano Mombacho and the cathedral.

Reverse view from the previous shot- on top of Volcano Mombacho looking down on Granada and Lake Nicaragua.


3 comments:
I am glad you are enjoying Grananda. It is a wonderful place. Maybe if you make enough pots you can open a stand in the market or get a push cart and go up and down the streets calling out that your wears are for sale? Maybe.
until your cart gets run over by one of the pedestrian-killing motorists.
http://www.nicaragua-stuff.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment