7.09.2008

familiar faces

My celebration of our country's glorious independence was spent
1. In Chicago with Jen, Jonathan, Trisha, Craig, Marcel, and various other friends
2. then in Michigan at Craig's cousin's wife's family's home. (confusing, huh?)

I am not sure as to whether or not I have ever been so excited to see family in my life as I was last weekend. i have spent the majority of the summer hanging around in groups of people that I hardly know (see #2 above for example), and seeing family was so absurdly luscious. At my sister's place, we played Rook for almost the entire duration of stay- which is rather normal. The rest of the weekend was spent meeting new people and boating. Despite the fact that we got home a few days ago, my back and arms are still a bit sore from wake boarding, knee boarding and playing backyard tournaments such as Blingo Ball, Croquet, and Bocce Ball.

My job is going rather well. I am doing marketing for Cousins, and the job consists of many things. For example, I do weeding, washing the outside restaurant walls, window art with our specials, computer work, I go around and talk with different businesses in the area, make phone calls, i create specials, design coupons and menus, and I do deliveries. basically, I am a graphic designer, a landscaper, a marketer, a secretary, and a bussiness woman. It's business-it's business time!

Yesterday Harley and Georjean, my host parents in Texas, stopped by to see me. I guess America is small enough to swing by every now and then? We went to Freezer's- the ice cream parlour I do marketing for and enjoyed companionship and butter pecan cones.

Marcel took off this morning to go live in Ontario. It was sad to see him go- we'll definitely miss him around here. Last night Andrew Kroeze and Morgan came through on their way to Indiana. I had just seen andrew last week, but I hadn't seen Morgan in months. Catching up with old friends was really nice. On the way home I talked to Alvin and Matt. I talk frequently with Alvo... but I hadn't talked with Matt yet this summer. Thanks Matt!

My life here is most certainly more fun-filled and fast-paced than I had anticipated.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

i am so glad to hear that you are doing well in illinois. and yes, you will get a full report on how i am doing here, once i settle down at my grandparents and hopefully have time to breathe... :) love you dearly,